+ Much better root development
+ Increase in capacity of the pump
+ Signifcant decrease in dead plants
+ Less disease
+ Better irrigaton
+ Less to no blockages of drippers
+ No unpleasant odours
+ Product efectve for several days
+ Easy to use
+ First product that actually does what it promises
+ Saves money - Positive ROI
+ Easy to check presence with peroxide test strips
Growgreens use Aquaza mostly in our nursery’s ebb&flows. We grow our seedlings in sterile foam. We mostly produce lettuce seedlings but occasionally also swiss chard, herbs and other test plants. Since we started using this product the following observations were made:
1) We saw an increased growth rate. We are now able to produce seedlings ready for transplanting in as little as 14 days in autumn. Previously it took a minimum of 21 days to achieve the same results.
2) We saw an increase in germination rate. We frequently achieve a 98% germination rate. Previously we had difficulty to achieve 90%.
3) We saw an improvement in general growth of the seedlings and we are experiencing that more seedlings are of our required transplant standard.
4) Our system appears to be cleaner. We see less algae growth in the Ebb & Flows pans and in the nutrient storage tanks. Our trays with seedlings no longer have floating algae on the sides.
5) The seedlings seem to be darker in colour, which is an indication to us
of healthy plants with
bigger concentration of nutrition resulting in better taste as final plant-product.
6) The water mixture is much fresher and does not have a bad smell after four weeks and longer into the system.
7) The roots of the plants are much longer and thicker.
8) The foam, our seedling growing medium, maintains it’s brown colour. Previously it changed to a greenish colour due to algae. That is an indication to us of significant reduction of algae and pathogens in the nutrition mixture.
9) It seems as if the product is complementing the use of aerobic microorganisms.
(download report here)
Cucumber Powdery Mildew
Lettuce Sclerotina Rot